Flat and harmless discoloration of the skin is known as age spots. These spots are caused due to prolonged exposure to the sun, nutritional deficiencies, impaired liver function and age. Symptoms of age spots may include brown spots or yellow discolorations of the skin. Although these spots are harmless but it makes the skin look unattractive.
There are several home remedies for age spots which are quite simple and safe to use without any risk of side effects. These home remedies are being used since a very long time and have proved to be effective in many cases. Some of the popular home remedies which are quite effective are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for age spots is the use of lime juice. All you need to do is take some lime juice and then apply it on the affected region of the body. Later wash with water. Use this home remedy on daily basis for the next one to two months.
2. Onion is also considered to be one of the most effective home remedies for age spots. Just take an onion and cut it into slices. Now rub these onion slices on the affected region of your skin for ten to fifteen minutes. Repeat this process daily for the next one month. This home remedy will prove to be very effective in treating these spots.
3. You can even use bleach which contains lactic acid. This bleach will help in removing the upper layer of the dead skin quickly.
4. Aloe vera gel is also very effective in curing these spots. All you have to do is apply aloe vera gel on the affected area two times in a day. Repeat this process on daily basis for better results.
5. Castor oil can also be very helpful in treating these spots. Just take some castor oil and then rub it on the affected region of your skin. Practice this home remedy two times in a day, once in the morning and once in the evening for the next one month. This natural remedy will fade away the age spots from your skin.
6. Try to avoid prolonged exposure to the sun. When you are going out you can try using sunscreen lotions to protect your skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
7. Take some sandalwood powder and mix it with rose water properly to form a paste. Now cover the affected area with this paste and allow it to dry. Once dry, you can wash with water.
8. Vitamin E oil is very helpful in curing age spots. Just apply vitamin E oil on the affected parts of your skin on regular basis. This will prove to be quite effective in curing your age spots.
9. Take one tablespoon of fresh tomato paste and mix it with two teaspoons of buttermilk. Now apply this mixture on the age spots and wait for fifteen to twenty minutes. Later wash with cold water.
These were some of the most popular and effective home remedies for age spots which are simple, cheap and safe to use.
Read about Home Remedies for Age Spots
. Also know Home Remedies for Anti Aging
. Read about Home Remedies for Wrinkles